[WSF-Discuss] Fwd: [DEBATE] : (Fwd) Was Cosatu right about solidarity with Sahawaris?

Jai Sen jai.sen at cacim.net
Sun Apr 5 05:04:36 CDT 2009

Sunday, April 5, 2009

I have, just before this, posted a note by Peter Waterman regarding
the proposed IC meeting in Morocco and the proposed boycott by COSATU
– and now also by AFAPREDESA, the Association for the Families of
Saharawi Prisoners and the Disappeared.

That was the most recent posting in the debate going on on Debate on
the meeting and on the proposed boycott.

The debate is intensifying, and the positions becoming more
polarised.  I am / we at CACIM are therefore now going back a step or
two and also posting here the statement made by AFAPREDESA on April
2, as posted on Debate.

It would of course be good if some of us here on WSFDiscuss were also
to take up this important question, on this list.  Though Peter has
pointed out the obvious – that this is not the first time in history
that a body such as the WSF’s IC has faced a boycott, and to which I
would add here that the WSF in Mumbai in 2004 was of course a time
when the world meeting of the WSF itself was openly opposed (by the
Mumbai Resistance) - it is however perhaps the first time that the IC
itself has (right ?).

JS

fwd

Begin forwarded message:

jai.sen at cacim.net
CACIM, A-3 Defence Colony, New Delhi 110 024, India
www.cacim.net
Ph : +91-11-4155 1521, +91-98189 11325 - PLEASE NOTE NEW SECOND NUMBER !

Check out the OpenSpaceForum @ www.openspaceforum.net

Subscribe to WSFDiscuss, an open and unmoderated forum on the World
Social Forum and on related social and political movements and
issues. Simply send an empty email to worldsocialforum-discuss-
subscribe at openspaceforum.net

P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Note : In case you are having problems opening any Word attachments I
have sent you here, you could try one of the following : (a) Put your
cursor on the icon, do a right click, see ‘Open With’, and open with
Word…; or (b), try saving the document onto your desktop or hard
disc, and then opening it.  With apologies in advance if this advice
seems to question your technological literacy…