[WSF-Discuss] Report of the CACIM-NFFPFW Workshop at the Belém Forum on ‘The Politics, Potentials, and Meanings of the Belém Forum’

Jai Sen jai.sen at cacim.net
Fri May 29 05:58:19 CDT 2009

Friday, May 29, 2009

Dear friends on WSFDiscuss and the Social Movements list, and members
of the CACIM community worldwide -

             I am very pleased indeed to be able to send you here the
report we have prepared from the meeting we organised at the Belém
Forum on :

The Politics, Potentials, and Meanings of the Belém Forum :

The Significance for the WSF of the Participation of the Indigenous
Peoples of the World

             This report is now also available @ http://
openspaceforum.net/twiki/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=798.  We
will soon also have the translation in Spanish up there. And they
will both soon also be available on the CACIM site, www.cacim.net.

             I do hope that you will enjoy reading this report.  We
at CACIM - and our co-organiser of this meting, the National Forum of
Forest People and Forest Workers, in India – would of course welcome
any comments you have.

             In the meanwhile you may have perhaps seen and maybe
even read my Open Letter to the Puno Cumbre, which I posted last
week.  Those were, of course, my own views, but I think you will find
that there is overlap between what the speakers at our meeting said
and what I tried saying in my letter, though in different ways.

I therefore want to thank all the speakers at our meeting for what I
learned on that day from them, and Anil Varghese for preparing this
report for us.  And I also want to take this posting to flag to you
the Declaration of the Indigenous Peoples at the closing of Belém
Forum, which is available @ http://www.cadtm.org/spip.php?article4133.

             With warm greetings, in struggle and in peace -

             Jai

att
CACIM-NFFPFW Belem PPM Workshop Report Final av2205 rfm js2305 F
250509.doc

jai.sen at cacim.net
CACIM, A-3 Defence Colony, New Delhi 110 024, India
www.cacim.net
Ph : +91-11-4155 1521, +91-98189 11325

NEW :
‘On open space : Explorations towards a vocabulary of a more open
politics’, @ http://cacim.net/twiki/tiki-index.php?page=Publications
(May 20 2009)

Check out both CACIM @ www.cacim.net and OpenSpaceForum @
www.openspaceforum.net

Subscribe to WSFDiscuss, an open and unmoderated forum on the World
Social Forum and on related social and political movements and
issues. Simply send an empty email to worldsocialforum-discuss-
subscribe at openspaceforum.net

P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Note : In case you are having problems opening any Word attachments I
have sent you, you could try one of the following : (a) Put your
cursor on the icon, do a right click, see ‘Open With’, and open
with Word…; or (b), try saving the document onto your desktop or
hard disc, and then opening it.  With apologies in advance if this
advice seems to question your technological literacy…