[WSF-Discuss] Fwd: [social-movements] USSF and PPEHRC March to USSF on Radio this weekend

Jai Sen jai.sen at cacim.net
Sun Apr 11 00:41:30 CDT 2010

Sunday, 11 April 2010

As I’m sure you already know, the USSF (US Social Forum) is coming up
next month, June 22-26 2010 in Detroit.  Many people said that the
last one was very special in terms of the renewal of politics, even in
relation to the extraordinary history of the WSF process; some at
looking forward to this next one being even more so.

We apologise from CACIM for not feeding you more information on this
event and process so far, but we hope to do better over this next
while.  In the meanwhile, check out its website, http://www.ussf2010.org/
, and here’s a report on preparations from one part of the US.

But also one question, asked from a distance : How are the organisers
of the USSF (and organisers of self-organised events within the USSF)
and the organisers of the anti-g20 actions that are going to take
place in Toronto during the g20 “summit” there during June 23-27th ?
(For instance, http://g20.torontomobilize.org/.)  And where they have
planned to have “Themed Days of Resistance, such as the Indigenous Day
of Action on June 24 – on which we posted information on this list,
some days back ?

Surely there’s huge overlap of interest – and especially since Detroit
and Toronto are, relatively speaking, so close to each other ?  Does
anyone have any information on this ?  Would it not be good to do some
together – even ‘twinned’ ?

(And here’s also an appeal, to those on this list : Please do post
information on this list that you have, on the USSF and on the Toronto
actions – and for that matter on the ESF and on all other such social
forum or independent events and processes !)

             JS

Begin forwarded message:

jai.sen at cacim.net
CACIM, A-3 Defence Colony, New Delhi 110 024, India
www.cacim.net
Ph : +91-11-4155 1521, +91-98189 11325

DELETION OF OLD EMAIL IDs : Please note that I am no longer using my
earlier email ids, jai.sen at vsnl.com and jai_sen2000 at yahoo.com. PLEASE
KINDLY DELETE THESE FROM YOUR RECORDS ! Thanks.

NEW :
‘Be the Seed : An Introduction to and Commentary on the government of
Bolivia’s Call for a ‘Peoples’ World Conference On Climate Change And
The Rights Of Mother Earth’’, @ http://cacim.net/twiki/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=64
, http://www.choike.org/2009/eng/informes/7620.html, and http://www.zcommunications.org/be-the-seed-by-jai-sen

‘On open space : Explorations towards a vocabulary of a more open
politics’, @ http://cacim.net/twiki/tiki-index.php?page=Publications

FORTHCOMING :

Jai Sen, ed, forthcoming (2010a) - Interrogating Empires, Book 2 in
the Are Other Worlds Possible ? series.  New Delhi : OpenWord and
Daanish Books

Jai Sen, ed, forthcoming (2010b) - Imagining Alternatives, Book 3 in
the Are Other Worlds Possible ? series.  New Delhi : OpenWord and
Daanish Books

CHECK OUT both CACIM @ www.cacim.net and OpenSpaceForum @ www.openspaceforum.net

SUBSCRIBE TO WSFDiscuss, an open and unmoderated forum on the World
Social Forum and on related social and political movements and issues.
Simply send an empty email to worldsocialforum-discuss-subscribe at openspaceforum.net

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail !!

Note : I work on a Mac. In case you don't, and are having problems
opening any Word attachments I have sent you, you could try one of the
following : (a) Put your cursor on the icon, do a right click, see
‘Open With’, and open with Word…; or (b), try saving the document onto
your desktop or hard disc, and then opening it.  With apologies in
advance if this advice seems to question your technological literacy..