[WSF-Discuss] Fwd: [Debate] Bow down before this mighty volcano!

Jai Sen jai.sen at cacim.net
Thu Apr 22 11:28:23 CDT 2010

Thursday, 22 April 2010

On this day especially, bow down before this mighty volcano !

As someone said just recently, it surely is extraordinary that just at
the time of the Cochabamba Conference – of the Conference of Mother
Earth, of Pachamama - Pachamama is indeed demonstrating her powers to
us so majestically !

             On the other hand though, what is also so striking about
the present situation in the North Atlantic area is just how
vulnerable the world is – ‘even’ the oh-so-developed and muscular
North - when a natural event like this takes place; and how the
systems we have developed (and the lives some have developed) just
have no way of coping.  But if we go on doing what we are to
Pachamama, and if patterns of cumulative and non-linear irruptions
indeed start taking place, as they are expected to – and not just in
one place but successively and unexpectedly in several places, around
the planet – then can we even imagine the degree of systemic paralysis
that could set in ?

And the degree of rage, and of likely inter-institutional conflict ?
I don't think we will only be hearing thrushes then...

             JS

fwd

Begin forwarded message:

jai.sen at cacim.net
CACIM, A-3 Defence Colony, New Delhi 110 024, India
www.cacim.net
Ph : +91-11-4155 1521, +91-98189 11325

DELETION OF OLD EMAIL IDs : Please note that I am no longer using my
earlier email ids, jai.sen at vsnl.com and jai_sen2000 at yahoo.com. PLEASE
KINDLY DELETE THESE FROM YOUR RECORDS ! Thanks.

NEW :
‘Be the Seed : An Introduction to and Commentary on the government of
Bolivia’s Call for a ‘Peoples’ World Conference On Climate Change And
The Rights Of Mother Earth’’, @ http://cacim.net/twiki/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=64
, http://www.choike.org/2009/eng/informes/7620.html, and http://www.zcommunications.org/be-the-seed-by-jai-sen
.  Also available in Spanish @ http://www.choike.org/2009/esp/informes/153.html

‘On open space : Explorations towards a vocabulary of a more open
politics’, @ http://cacim.net/twiki/tiki-index.php?page=Publications

FORTHCOMING :

Jai Sen, ed, forthcoming (2010a) - Interrogating Empires, Book 2 in
the Are Other Worlds Possible ? series.  New Delhi : OpenWord and
Daanish Books

Jai Sen, ed, forthcoming (2010b) - Imagining Alternatives, Book 3 in
the Are Other Worlds Possible ? series.  New Delhi : OpenWord and
Daanish Books

CHECK OUT both CACIM @ www.cacim.net and OpenSpaceForum @ www.openspaceforum.net

SUBSCRIBE TO WSFDiscuss, an open and unmoderated forum on the World
Social Forum and on related social and political movements and issues.
Simply send an empty email to worldsocialforum-discuss-subscribe at openspaceforum.net

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail !!

Note : I work on a Mac. In case you don't, and are having problems
opening any Word attachments I have sent you, you could try one of the
following : (a) Put your cursor on the icon, do a right click, see
‘Open With’, and open with Word…; or (b), try saving the document onto
your desktop or hard disc, and then opening it.  With apologies in
advance if this advice seems to question your technological literacy..