[WSF-Discuss] A monthly panel to address critical planetarian issues of our times?

Azril Bacal bazril1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 09:09:48 CDT 2011

Dear Egil and Stina,
Thank you for your kind answer.
Glad to know that Daniel told you about our agreable conversation.
Let us meet and converse about this proposal personally, maybe together with
Gabriel, the president of the student union, as we conversed with him and
also with the coordinator of international students, about this joint
project prior to our conversation with Daniel. Both of them expressed
interest in this joint venture with Uppsala Social Forum.
Unfortunately, the premises of the DHF are not available as we expected.
We need to find an atmosphere adequate for this aim, not too big nor too
"square"...
Maybe we could use Café Mumbrik in Kungsgatan.
April 4th sounds good to me.
The first topic we considered is "The Right to Information" - dealing for
instance with the lack of cover of the World Social Forum in Dakar, Senegal,
during first week in February, in contrast to the extensive cover of the
World Economic Forum in Davos.
>From a plural and democratic perspective on media, we thought of inviting
the local media, a teacher/researcher in the realm of journalism (hopefully,
Göran Svensson) and a "critical" voice: mine [?]
We would need first to locate a proper place and then fix a convenient time
for our intended audience.
Other tentative topics:

Diverse views on the safety of nuclear energy?
Renewable Energy Sources
Climate Change
A militarized globalization?
How to account for - and what to do about ethnic intolerance in the EU?
"Small Acts that mean a lot": with 89 years-young and Holocaust Surviver
Hilde Back from Västerås
Cooperation and Competion in a historical/paleontological perspective
Culture of Violence and Cultures of Peace
Democratizing Democracy?
"Contemporary alternative life styles"
Ecology, Spirituality and Ethics
- and so on.

Let us phone each other after 16.00 today.
Home number:018-553059
Mobile:076-2800244
Cordially yours
Azril Bacal