[WSF-Discuss] Fwd: Women Forest Rights Action Committee formed by various women leaders in India

Jai Sen jai.sen at cacim.net
Thu Mar 24 04:11:20 CDT 2011

Thursday, 24 March 2011

One more very important step has been taken in the struggles of forest
dwellers and workers in India : The formation of a ‘Women Forest
Rights Action Committee’.

             To be seen in the context of earlier postings, and of the
long history of the sustained struggles of such peoples in this land
of forests…

             Read on… and for more information, write to Roma at romasnb at gmail.com
.

             JS

fwd

Begin forwarded message:

jai.sen at cacim.net
NEW OFFICE ADDRESS : CACIM, G-5 Jangpura Extension (basement), New
Delhi 110 014, India

www.cacim.net

NEW LANDLINE : +91-11-4504 7319
MOBILE : +91-98189 11325

Nearest Metro station : Jangpura

Old and registered address : A-3 Defence Colony, New Delhi 110 024,
India
RECENT EVENTS :

CACIM @ WSF Dakar, February 2011 - see http://cacim.net/twiki/tiki-index.php?page=CACIM+at+WSF+2011
  :

February 8 2011, 8:30-11:30 and 12:30-3:30

‘Facing the Challenges of the Present and the Future : How Well is the
World Social Forum Doing ?’

(CACIM (India) together with AFM - Articulación Feminista Marco Sur
(Latin America), ATTAC France, Canada Research Chair in Social
Justice, GGJ - Grassroots Global Justice Alliance (USA), Kenya Network
of Grassroots Organisations - KENGONET), Mémoire des lutes (France),
Mouvements (France), and People’s Parliament (Kenya)

February 9 2011, 8:30-11:30

‘Confronting the Consequences of Climate Change : Conflict, War,
Resistance, and Movement in the Coming Half Century’

(CACIM (India) together with ABN - African Biodiversity Network
(Kenya); Climate SOS (USA); GGJ - Grassroots Global Justice Alliance
(USA), IEN - Indigenous Environmental Network (Turtle Island : Canada/
USA), and NFFPFW - National Forum of Forest People and Forest Workers
(India))

February 9 2011, 12:30-3:30

‘Perspectives on the ‘crisis of civilization’ as a focus for movements’

(CACIM (India) together with Canada Research Chair in Social Justice,
El Taller International, National Forum of Forest People and Forest
Workers (India), and others)

NEW :

Jai Sen, 2010 – ‘On open space : Explorations towards a vocabulary of
a more open politics’, in Antipode, Vol 42 No 4, 2010 (ISSN
0066-4812), pp 994–1018.

(Full original unedited version available @ http://cacim.net/twiki/tiki-index.php?page=Publications.)

Jai Sen, March 2010b – ‘Be the Seed : An Introduction to and
Commentary on the government of Bolivia’s Call for a ‘Peoples’ World
Conference On Climate Change And The Rights Of Mother Earth’’, @ http://cacim.net/twiki/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=64
, http://www.choike.org/2009/eng/informes/7620.html, and http://www.zcommunications.org/be-the-seed-by-jai-sen
.  Also available in Spanish @ http://www.choike.org/2009/esp/informes/153.html

FORTHCOMING :

Jai Sen, ed, forthcoming (2010a) - Interrogating Empires, Book 2 in
the Are Other Worlds Possible ? series.  New Delhi : OpenWord and
Daanish Books

Jai Sen, ed, forthcoming (2010b) - Imagining Alternatives, Book 3 in
the Are Other Worlds Possible ? series.  New Delhi : OpenWord and
Daanish Books

Jai Sen and Peter Waterman, eds, forthcoming (2011a) – World Social
Forum : Critical Explorations. Volume 3 in the Challenging Empires
series.  New Delhi : OpenWord Books

CHECK OUT both CACIM @ www.cacim.net and OpenSpaceForum @ www.openspaceforum.net
  !

& SUBSCRIBE TO WSFDiscuss, an open and unmoderated forum on the World
Social Forum and on related social and political movements and issues.
Simply send an empty email to worldsocialforum-discuss-subscribe at openspaceforum.net

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail !!

Note : I work on a Mac. In case you don't, and are having problems
opening any Word attachments I have sent you, you could try one of the
following : (a) Put your cursor on the icon, do a right click, see
‘Open With’, and open with Word…; or (b), try saving the document onto
your desktop or hard disc, and then opening it.  With apologies in
advance if this advice seems to question your technological literacy..