[WSF-Discuss] Fwd: (indiaclimatejustice) Anti-nuclearisation protest march to Parliament - 25th March

Jai Sen jai.sen at cacim.net
Sun Mar 27 11:12:01 CDT 2011

Sunday, 27 March 2011

While ‘Hundreds of thousands protest[ed] against nuclear energy across
Germany’ last week (see my post a little earlier on), a much smaller
but still significant rally took place here in New Delhi, India, on
March 25, organised by a new platform called the ‘Anti Nuclear
Struggles Solidarity Group, Delhi'.

Here is the leaflet (Hindi on the front page, English on the reverse)
and – to reduce the size of this message – just one of the two
photographs sent by the author of the message below.  Thanks, Soumya.

             JS

fwd

Begin forwarded message:

jai.sen at cacim.net
NEW OFFICE ADDRESS : CACIM, G-5 Jangpura Extension (basement), New
Delhi 110 014, India

www.cacim.net

NEW LANDLINE : +91-11-4504 7319
MOBILE : +91-98189 11325

Nearest Metro station : Jangpura

Old and registered address : A-3 Defence Colony, New Delhi 110 024,
India
RECENT EVENTS :

CACIM @ WSF Dakar, February 2011 - see http://cacim.net/twiki/tiki-index.php?page=CACIM+at+WSF+2011
  :

February 8 2011, 8:30-11:30 and 12:30-3:30

‘Facing the Challenges of the Present and the Future : How Well is the
World Social Forum Doing ?’

(CACIM (India) together with AFM - Articulación Feminista Marco Sur
(Latin America), ATTAC France, Canada Research Chair in Social
Justice, GGJ - Grassroots Global Justice Alliance (USA), Kenya Network
of Grassroots Organisations - KENGONET), Mémoire des lutes (France),
Mouvements (France), and People’s Parliament (Kenya)

February 9 2011, 8:30-11:30

‘Confronting the Consequences of Climate Change : Conflict, War,
Resistance, and Movement in the Coming Half Century’

(CACIM (India) together with ABN - African Biodiversity Network
(Kenya); Climate SOS (USA); GGJ - Grassroots Global Justice Alliance
(USA), IEN - Indigenous Environmental Network (Turtle Island : Canada/
USA), and NFFPFW - National Forum of Forest People and Forest Workers
(India))

February 9 2011, 12:30-3:30

‘Perspectives on the ‘crisis of civilization’ as a focus for movements’

(CACIM (India) together with Canada Research Chair in Social Justice,
El Taller International, National Forum of Forest People and Forest
Workers (India), and others)

NEW :

Jai Sen, 2010 – ‘On open space : Explorations towards a vocabulary of
a more open politics’, in Antipode, Vol 42 No 4, 2010 (ISSN
0066-4812), pp 994–1018.

(Full original unedited version available @ http://cacim.net/twiki/tiki-index.php?page=Publications.)

Jai Sen, March 2010b – ‘Be the Seed : An Introduction to and
Commentary on the government of Bolivia’s Call for a ‘Peoples’ World
Conference On Climate Change And The Rights Of Mother Earth’’, @ http://cacim.net/twiki/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=64
, http://www.choike.org/2009/eng/informes/7620.html, and http://www.zcommunications.org/be-the-seed-by-jai-sen
.  Also available in Spanish @ http://www.choike.org/2009/esp/informes/153.html

FORTHCOMING :

Jai Sen, ed, forthcoming (2010a) - Interrogating Empires, Book 2 in
the Are Other Worlds Possible ? series.  New Delhi : OpenWord and
Daanish Books

Jai Sen, ed, forthcoming (2010b) - Imagining Alternatives, Book 3 in
the Are Other Worlds Possible ? series.  New Delhi : OpenWord and
Daanish Books

Jai Sen and Peter Waterman, eds, forthcoming (2011a) – World Social
Forum : Critical Explorations. Volume 3 in the Challenging Empires
series.  New Delhi : OpenWord Books

CHECK OUT both CACIM @ www.cacim.net and OpenSpaceForum @ www.openspaceforum.net
  !

& SUBSCRIBE TO WSFDiscuss, an open and unmoderated forum on the World
Social Forum and on related social and political movements and issues.
Simply send an empty email to worldsocialforum-discuss-subscribe at openspaceforum.net

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail !!

Note : I work on a Mac. In case you don't, and are having problems
opening any Word attachments I have sent you, you could try one of the
following : (a) Put your cursor on the icon, do a right click, see
‘Open With’, and open with Word…; or (b), try saving the document onto
your desktop or hard disc, and then opening it.  With apologies in
advance if this advice seems to question your technological literacy..