[WSF-Discuss] Indian General Election 2014

Umakant uk4in at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 1 02:01:34 CDT 2014

Dear Friends
Greetings!
Please click on the link given below to watch a special programme on News
Laundry, a web based news portal, about the issues that people wants to be
raised in the debate during election in Gujarat and especially Vadodara.

Election Wash In Vadodara
Apr 28, 2014 in
Election Wash
http://www.newslaundry.com/2014/04/28/election-wash-in-vadodara/

Voters in Vadodara speak to Madhu Trehan about
chemical pollution in the city, discrimination against the girl child and
Dalits and if Gujarat needs prohibition on alcohol.

You
could also read an interesting analysis of voting patterns in Indian elections
and the stereotypes that is created about Muslims and Dalits as “Vote Bank”
whereas on the other hand a sustained way of Upper Caste Voters who have been
voting on caste/religion lines but they are never considered reactionary. On
the contrary, it is the most intelligent and also rational choice voting that
the educated & the privileged sections of society practices and the Muslims
and Dalits along with Other Backward Castes are responsible for all the ills
that plagues Indian society, economy and polity.

What Johnny won’t see?
Upper caste votebank
AJAZ
ASHRAF| Sunday Times of India, Apr 27, 2014, 04.57 AM IST
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/stoi/deep-focus/What-Johnny-wont-see-Upper-caste-votebank/articleshow/34269634.cms

Why is
the support of upper castes for the BJP secular, but that of Muslims for any
party communal?

With
Regards
Umakant,
Ph.D
New
Delhi

My final words of advice to you are educate, agitate and organize; have faith in yourself. With justice on our side I do not see how we can lose our battle. The battle to me is a matter of joy. The battle is in the fullest sense spiritual. There is nothing material or social in it. For ours is a battle not for wealth or for power. It is battle for freedom. It is the battle of reclamation of human personality.
B.R.Ambedkar