[WSF-Discuss] [Debate-List] Re: 'Egyptian ruler General Abd al-Fattah al-Sisi is a Jew'

Ran Greenstein rangreen at sn.apc.org
Thu May 1 09:39:54 CDT 2014

I think you simply do not understand (being an outsider to these issues)
how completely insane - politically speaking - is the notion of a Jewish
military Chief of Staff in Egypt, or the notion that his mother was sent
from Morocco to Egypt by the Mossad (presumably 60-70  years ago) so that
her son would one day become the ruler of Egypt. This is equivalent to the
Birthers believing that a notice about Obama's birth was planted in
Hawaiian newspapers back in 1961 to allow him to become president of the
USA in 2008...

But, beyond all this, surely you should be able to see that such claims are
an antisemitic tool (and have nothing to do with anti-Zionism or opposition
to Israeli policies). If the issue were opposition to Israel and its
policies, why invoke the Rothschilds, or the notion that the Saudi ruling
House consists of 'crypto-Jews'. No need for a degree in Middle East
studies to see where all this comes from and where it leads. Even to raise
questions whether this is true is to grant respectability to such utter
rubbish.

--
Ran Greenstein
Johannesburg, South Africa