[WSF-Discuss] South Africa: From Red to Blue, Abahlali's Survival and Ideology | Southern Africa

Jacques Depelchin jdepelchin41 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 14:42:04 CDT 2014

Hi Peter,
The writer of that piece has an agenda that is aimed at defending, by any
means necessary, the state (i.e.the ANC).  At times it is close to
defamatory.

In any case, meantime, i saw a piece posted by Jared Sacks which provides
an excellent account and analysis of the AbM.

I did visit AbM in 2008, spoke at length with S'bu Zikode, and did not see
in him or  heard from him any of the characteristics allegedly attributed
by the writer.  The writer once published a similarly defamatory piece in a
journal out of Harvard.  The editors withdrew it.  It is a matter of record
that can be verified. Do take care, jd