[WSF-Discuss] Maya Angelou, Lyrical Witness of the Jim Crow South, Dies at 86

Umakant uk4in at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 29 07:23:01 CDT 2014

Dear Friends
Greetings!
It is indeed sad that one after another this world is losing intellectual giants
and world leaders. Please click on the link given below to read about the death
of Maya Angelou at the age of 86.

Maya Angelou, Lyrical Witness
of the Jim Crow South, Dies at 86
By MARGALIT FOX, The New York Times,
MAY 28, 2014
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/29/arts/maya-angelou-lyrical-witness-of-the-jim-crow-south-dies-at-86.html

Also Read:
In a
Commanding Literary Voice, Maya Angelou Sang Out to the World
By ELIZABETH ALEXANDER,
The New York Times, MAY 28, 2014
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/29/arts/in-a-commanding-literary-voice-singing-out-to-the-world.html?hp&_r=0

With Regards and In Grief
Umakant, Ph.D
New Delhi

My final words of advice to you are educate, agitate and organize; have faith in yourself. With justice on our side I do not see how we can lose our battle. The battle to me is a matter of joy. The battle is in the fullest sense spiritual. There is nothing material or social in it. For ours is a battle not for wealth or for power. It is battle for freedom. It is the battle of reclamation of human personality.
B.R.Ambedkar