[WSF-Discuss] Fw: Montreal Will Play Host To the World Social Forum in August 2016

Michael Gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 12:02:02 CDT 2015

Roberto,

In Canada for that approach to be meaningful (at the borders/consulates etc.) it would require a degree of formalization that would very likely involve legal/financial implications (risks) for the “sponsoring” (inviting) agency, unfortunately. (In the past it has worked occasionally worked (and not worked) but on an individual basis.)

(A random assortment of recent horror stories from Google…

 <http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2014-04-03/article-3674954/Immigration-Canada-cites-lack-of-money-in-denying-woman-a-visa/1> http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2014-04-03/article-3674954/Immigration-Canada-cites-lack-of-money-in-denying-woman-a-visa/1

 <http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/05/22/ugandan_gay_activists_denied_visas_to_world_pride_conference.html> http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/05/22/ugandan_gay_activists_denied_visas_to_world_pride_conference.html

http://o.canada.com/news/ottawa-denies-visas-for-heads-of-russian-chinese-space-agencies-to-attend-major-conference