[WSF-Discuss] Fwd: Attack in Tunis - WSF news ? / Attaque à Tunis - nouvelles FSM ?

Ashish Kothari chikikothari at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 23:17:25 CDT 2015

This is the communique from the organisers:

*Tunis, March13th, 2015.*

After the terrorist attack today at the Bardo Museum, next to the
National Assembly, the 2015 World Social Forum organizing committee
declares that the Forum and all its activities are maintained.

Through this attack, terrorist groups attempted to undermine the
democratic transition Tunisia and the region are currently experiencing
while creating a climate of fear amongst citizens who aspire to freedom,
democracy and pacific participation in establishing democracy.

The quick response from the social movement and all the political bodies
in Tunisia opposed to terrorism, calling upon unity to fight it, proves
how tunisians care about their recent democratic experience. The social
movement in Tunisia and the region counts on the global support of
democratic forces to oppose violence and terrorism.

More than ever, the massive participation to the WSF (Tunis 24th-28th
March 2015) will be the appropriate answer from all the peace and
democratic forces towards a better, more fair and free world made of
pacific co-existence.

The WSF organizing comittee calls upon all WSF members and participants
to intensify their efforts in mobilizing and making this moment a
success, allowing the victory of civic and pacific fight against
terrorism and fanatism that threaten democracy, freedom, and tolerance.

For the 2015 Tunis WSF organizing comittee

The coordinator

Abderrahmane Hedhili

Ashish Kothari
Kalpavriksh