[WSF-Discuss] FW:not only against terrorism but also against war on terrorism

Toshimaru Ogura ogr at nsknet.or.jp
Tue Mar 24 00:43:54 CDT 2015

I sent my suggestion as follows to WSF.

toshi in Tunis from Japan

========================
From: Toshimaru Ogura <ogr at nsknet.or.jp>
To: contact at fsm2015.org
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 14:39:19 +0900 (JST)

Dear friends,

According to your second communique on 19th, PEOPLES OF THE WORLD
UNITED AGAINST TERRORISM is a slogan of demonstration. I agree
with it, but it is not enough. The People's Plan Study Group's
statement from Japan includes "We disapprove and condemn this and
other acts of “jihadist” terrorism as we disapprove and condemn
state terrorism perpetrated in the name of anti-terrorist war,
which totally fails to address and remove the root cause of
terrorism."

I am deeply concerned misunderstanding by mainstream media,
especially by Japanese media and maybe other pro-US media all over
the world. Many Japanese media come here to report about terrorist
attac at Brado Museum because of Japanese victims. They are only
interested in _Japanese victimes_. I do not agree with this kind
of ethnocentrism and exclusive nationalism. They uses this attac
for justification of War on Terrorism by US and Coalition of the
Willing including Japan. And They may misunderstand and use WSF as
a kind of partner for War on Terrorism from global civil
society. In order not to mislead about WSF's stance, I strongly
propose PEOPLES OF THE WORLD UNITED AGAINST WAR ON TERRORIMS is
must as slogan of demonstration with AGAINST TERRORISM. I can
interpret the slogan, PEOPLES OF THE WORLD UNITED AGAINST
TERRORISM means not only so-called jihadist's but also all kinds of
terrorism including state terrorism by US's darty wars. But nobody
in mainstream media cannot understand this kind of definition of
terrorism.

I strongly respect your effort to organize WSF2015. I hope you add
PEOPLES OF THE WORLD UNITED AGAINST WAR ON TERRORIMS as an another
slogan in demonstration.

best regards,

toshi in Tunis from Japan