[WSF-Discuss] Fwd: WSF 2015 Opening March happening today in Tunis : The final formulation

Jai Sen jai.sen at cacim.net
Tue Mar 24 01:58:21 CDT 2015

Tuesday, March 24 2015

Worlds in movement, worlds of movement…

The World Social Forum in movement… :

(This post, that I have just received from the FSM Tunis 2015 Office, contains – I would think – the final and definitive formulation of the slogan and title of the Opening March of the World Social Forum in Tunis that is going to take place later today; and where it has clearly taken on things from all the opinion, comment, and input that has been coming in on this, on WSFDiscuss and I would think otherwise as well.  With Toshi’s – Ogura Toshimaru, of the PPSG - People's Plan Study Group, from Japan – just a few minutes ago being perhaps the last one… !)

“The edition of the World Social Forum in Tunis will be inaugurated, Tuesday 24 March 2015, with a march under the slogan :

The Peoples of the World, United for Freedom, Equality, Social Justice and Peace.

In Solidarity with Tunisian People and all Victims of Terrorism against all Forms of Oppressions.

            I personally have not been able to come to Tunis, and so – and on behalf also of other members of CACIM, the organisation I work with and that hosts WSFDiscuss, and the members of the WSFDiscuss backroom group - let me take the opportunity of what is perhaps my last post on the Forum before the Opening March starts today, to express my militant solidarity with all of you who are there today, and with the peoples of Tunisia and the Maghreb region !

JS

fwd

Begin forwarded message:

> From: FSM Tunis 2015 <contact at fsm2015.org>
> Subject: [infos2] WSF 2015 march
> Date: March 24, 2015 at 12:03:37 PM GMT+5:30
> To: activites at fsm2015.org, infos2 at fsm2015.org, infos at fsm2015.org, contact at fsm2015.org, ongtunisie at fsm2015.org

دعوة

تفتح دورة المنتدى الاجتماعي العالمي المنعقدة في تونس يوم الثلاثاء 24 مارس 2015 بمسيرة تحت شعار:

"شعوب العالم متحدة من أجل الحرية، المساواة، العدالة الاجتماعية والسلم.

متضامنة مع الشعب التونسي وكل ضحايا الإرهاب ضد كل أشكال الاضطهاد"

وتنطلق المسيرة من ساحة باب سعدون  ،على الساعة الثالثة وتنتهي بمتحف باردو على الساعة الخامسة والنصف

------------------------.

Invitation

L’édition du Forum Social Mondial à Tunis sera inaugurée le mardi 24 Mars 2015 par une marche sous le slogan :

Les Peuples du Monde Unis pour la Liberté, l’Egalité, la Justice Sociale et la Paix.

En Solidarité avec le Peuple Tunisien et toutes les Victimes du Terrorisme contre toutes les Formes d’Oppressions.

La marche  débutera le Mardi de la Place Bab Saadoun à 15H et se terminera au musée de Bardo à 17H 30mns.

-----------------------

Invitation

The march will start in Bab Saadoun at 3p.m and end at the Bardo Museum at 5.30p.m.

jai.sen at cacim.net / jai at openword.in

www.cacim.net / http://www.openword.in

Now based in Ottawa, Canada (+1-613-282 2900), and New Delhi, India (+91-98189 11325)

RECENT PUBLICATIONS :

Jai Sen, ed, 2013 – The Movements of Movements : Struggles for Other Worlds, Part I. Volume 4 Part I in the Challenging Empires series. New Delhi : OpenWord.  Available @ http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/the_movements_of_movements/

FORTHCOMING PUBLICATIONS  :

Jai Sen and Peter Waterman, eds, forthcoming (2015) – The Movements of Movements : Struggles for Other Worlds, Part 2. Volume 4 Part II in the Challenging Empires series.  New Delhi : OpenWord

CHECK OUT CACIM @ www.cacim.net, OpenWord @ http://www.openword.in, and OpenSpaceForum @ www.openspaceforum.net

AND SUBSCRIBE TO WSFDiscuss, an open and unmoderated forum for the exchange of information and views on the experience, practice, and theory of social and political movement at any level (local, national, regional, and global), including the World Social Forum.  To subscribe, simply send an empty email to worldsocialforum-discuss-subscribe at openspaceforum.net