[WSF-Discuss] Another wsf is possible, via another internet that is possible too! Occupy WSF & Occupy Internet together

Örsan Şenalp orsan1234 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 04:40:15 CDT 2015

It is a pity that I can't be there to support and join the work neither to
realise OccupyWSF (Global Square), nor OccupyInternet spaces.

Since both ideas and initiatives are quite similar as they both relates
actual and virtual open spaces for articulation and action (fusing social
forums and the internet), I believe there can be some form of colaboration
between the two.

I like to attempt to create a virtual space to be grounded in Tunis, aslo
can help to connect some people from these two important initiatives taking
in coming day; an event on 'How to Occupy: produce, open, share, and
protect the space collectively'. This would be a transformative
study-circle,
to mark a prelaunch of below event. Since we all had spent lots of thought
and energy on the topic, no need to bring anything else then your memory.

I would try to connect from the liberated Amsterdam University building, so
it would allow to have some students and activists who are currently
engaged in creation, expansion, and protection of a space for participation
too, in their liberated universities and campuses.

Don't know what is every one's program but such event can be grounded best
in Tunis, at the GlobalSqaure space, and opened up on the Internet.

So proposed to comrades preparing Global Square the below:

*Universe.city - a global little school, prelaunch and Co-learning circle
titled:

'How to Occupy: produce, open, share, and protect the space-time
collectively'

There will be 15 min. presentation and status update, and 45 min.

**Universe.City* is a free and open access platform initiative, empowered
by GNUnion and others. It allows cooperative learning for individuals and
groups by connecting spaces, people and projects within and without the
city(ies). The unconditional empowerment of the disempowered, the excluded,
and the oppressed, solidarity and cooperation between and within such is
our motto. Adopting Fereire's pedagogical approach, as well as other
transformatory, emancipatory perspectives Universe.city strive for
liberating knowledge at the point of production and distribution from
alienation, borders, time, and social class domination. Universe.city
brings together Free / Libre, Open Source Software (FLOSS) resources for
self-learning, such as free access libraries, torrent depositories, 'How
To', DIY, and 'DIWO' guides. We try to combine these with 'professionally'
designed and delivered online, face to face, one to one, one to many, and
many to many courses, or any other type of educative activities; either
gratis or provided in a framework of emancipatory cooperative exchange.
These can be practical and analytical lectures, study circles, trainings,
workshops, strategy sessions, or otherwise. In a way, all activities serve
participants, and allow them to contribute to the emergence of a
cooperative and solidarity economy at the planetary level, and may even
be.. beyond that ;-)

When:
Friday 27 March, 14:00-15:00 (CET)
Time zone converter: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Where:
Prelaunch will be grounded in Global Square space in Tunis, WSF 2015
Spatial coordinates: University of Tunis El Manar, Tunis
https://www.google.com/maps?ll=36.812363,10.66751&z=10&t=m&hl=nl&gl=TN&mapclient=embed&cid=296010521177257768

Web: http://tinyurl.com/nkgyk24
Twitter: @OccupyWSF,  #GlobalSquare
Email: gnunion at networg.nl
Live stream: Google Hang Out On Air (link will be shared),
Online classroom: BigBlueButton (guidance for joining the classroom will be
shared)