[WSF-Discuss] Fwd: Solidarity message from Japan

Jai Sen jai.sen at cacim.net
Thu Mar 26 03:58:17 CDT 2015

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Worlds in movement, worlds of movement…

World Social Forum 2015 in movement :

Solidarity message from Japan

Sadaharu Oya

(Good to hear from you, Oya san, after a long time.  I solidarise with you in terms of the things that you are having to handle and that have prevented you from going to Tunis – because I am in much the same situation and have also not been able to go.  But I’m sure that those in Tunis will appreciate hearing from you and knowing from you about the events that your companer at s are organising there.)

            JS (Jai Sen)

(PS : Oya-san, let me use this opportunity to invite you to consider subscribing to WSFDiscuss… Because then your messages will automatically reach 2-300 people who are interested in the WSF.  WSFDiscuss is an open and unmoderated forum for the exchange of information and views on the experience, practice, and theory of social and political movement at any level (local, national, regional, and global), including the World Social Forum.  Started in 2005 as a list around the WSF, it has now – and especially during 2012-2014 - matured into a discussion around movement more generically.  It now has a great list membership, with people from many parts of the world including activists, students and researchers, teachers, and others, and importantly, located both near 'the centre' and towards 'the margins’ of societies as they today are.  To subscribe, simply send an empty email to worldsocialforum-discuss-subscribe at openspaceforum.net.)

fwd

Begin forwarded message:

> From: 大屋 定晴 <sadaharuoya at yahoo.co.jp>
> Subject: Solidarity message from Japan (OYA)
> Date: March 26, 2015 at 11:14:08 AM GMT+5:30
> To: "bazril1 at gmail.com" <bazril1 at gmail.com>, "jai.sen at cacim.net" <jai.sen at cacim.net>, "upyakurel at gmail.com" <upyakurel at gmail.com>, "llang944 at aol.com" <llang944 at aol.com>, teivo.teivainen at helsinki.fi, "bsantos at ces.uc.pt" <bsantos at ces.uc.pt>
> Cc: "social-movements at lists.riseup.net" <social-movements at lists.riseup.net>

Dear friends of  WSF,

From Japan, I express my deep condolence to the victims and their families who were suffered by the terrorist attack in the Bardo Museum on March 18, 2015, and articulate my solidarity to all the people who are participating in the World Social Forum 2015 in Tunis.

After that criminal act, I tried to go to Tunis, but,  unfortunately, must stay in Japan because of my occupational and family circumstances (that is, the micro-political problems) . However, my heart is together with the Tunisian people who are struggling to defend the results of the revolution, and those who fight against the continuation of the neoliberal, capitalistic, and imperialistic globalization all over the world.

In my country, the influence of nuclear disaster of Fukushima First Power Plant, which happened with the fatal earthquake in 2011, does not still cease. In my view, the experience of Japanese social movements shows that neither the nuclear weapon nor nuclear power generation will be a component of the possible and sustainable "another world". Some of my Japanese friends will report and discuss this problem in the following events in this Social Forum.

- "Towards the realisation of a Thematic Social Forum on Nuclear Energy in Japan"
  Coalizao por um Bresil Livre de Usinas Nucleares / Fukushima Nuclear Crisis Emergency Action Network, etc.
  Mar. 26, 2015, 8:30-11:00
  Faculte des Sciences de Tunis (FST), salle SP12

- "Situation et perspectives a Fukushima"
  Coalizao por um Bresil Livre de Usinas Nucleares / Fukushima Nuclear Crisis Emergency Action Network, etc.
  Mar. 28, 2015, 11:30-14:00
  Faculte des Sciences de Tunis (FST), salle SP14

If you have time, please come and join these events.

I myself intend to join the next Social Forums, wherever they will be held. I will be happy to meet all of you in these opportunities.

Sincere solidarity from Japan,

Sadaharu Oya

SADAHARU OYA

Office: Hokkai-Gakuen University,
          Asahi-Machi 4-1-40, Toyohira-Ku, Sapporo, 062-8605, JAPAN
          Tel: +81-11-841-1161
          E-mail: soya1124 at hgu.jp

Home: Minami 2, Nishi 12, 323-9-2061, Tyuou-Ku, Sapporo, 060-0062, JAPAN
         Tel: +81-90-1858-0326
         E-mail: sadaharuoya at yahoo.co.jp

jai.sen at cacim.net / jai at openword.in

www.cacim.net / http://www.openword.in

Now based in Ottawa, Canada (+1-613-282 2900), and New Delhi, India (+91-98189 11325)

RECENT PUBLICATIONS :

Jai Sen, ed, 2013 – The Movements of Movements : Struggles for Other Worlds, Part I. Volume 4 Part I in the Challenging Empires series. New Delhi : OpenWord.  Available @ http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/the_movements_of_movements/

FORTHCOMING PUBLICATIONS  :

Jai Sen and Peter Waterman, eds, forthcoming (2015) – The Movements of Movements : Struggles for Other Worlds, Part 2. Volume 4 Part II in the Challenging Empires series.  New Delhi : OpenWord

CHECK OUT CACIM @ www.cacim.net, OpenWord @ http://www.openword.in, and OpenSpaceForum @ www.openspaceforum.net

AND SUBSCRIBE TO WSFDiscuss, an open and unmoderated forum for the exchange of information and views on the experience, practice, and theory of social and political movement at any level (local, national, regional, and global), including the World Social Forum.  To subscribe, simply send an empty email to worldsocialforum-discuss-subscribe at openspaceforum.net