[WSF-Discuss] Fwd: Benny Kuruvilla - Photos from the closing march and various events at Tunis.

Jai Sen jai.sen at cacim.net
Sun Mar 29 06:41:50 CDT 2015

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Worlds in movement, worlds of movement…

World Social Forum 2015 in movement :

(The World Social Forum in Tunis ended.. yesterday. Here are some…

Photos from the closing march and various events at Tunis

Benny Kuruvilla

NB : “Please feel free to share / use the photos without permission.”

            Thanks, Benny !

fwd

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Benny Kuruvilla <benkuru at gmail.com>
> Subject: Photos from the closing march and various events at Tunis.
> Date: March 29, 2015 at 5:23:17 AM GMT+5:30
> To: Benny Kuruvilla <benkuru at gmail.com>

Solidarity was the enduring motif on the last day of the 2015 edition of the WSF. The closing march concluded at the Palestinian embassy with a rousing rendition of Fida’i.

Earlier in the day, convergence assemblies were held including one in support of Greece (with a call to host the next WSF in Athens)

Photos of the closing march, various events etc. https://www.flickr.com/photos/122398182@N04/sets/72157651612082371/

Video of the Palestinian anthem here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/122398182@N04/16958762461/in/set-72157651612082371

Photos from the opening march here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/122398182@N04/sets/72157651129617599/

Please feel free to share/ use the photos without permission.

jai.sen at cacim.net / jai at openword.in

www.cacim.net / http://www.openword.in

Now based in Ottawa, Canada (+1-613-282 2900), and New Delhi, India (+91-98189 11325)

RECENT PUBLICATIONS :

Jai Sen, ed, 2013 – The Movements of Movements : Struggles for Other Worlds, Part I. Volume 4 Part I in the Challenging Empires series. New Delhi : OpenWord.  Available @ http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/the_movements_of_movements/

FORTHCOMING PUBLICATIONS  :

Jai Sen and Peter Waterman, eds, forthcoming (2015) – The Movements of Movements : Struggles for Other Worlds, Part 2. Volume 4 Part II in the Challenging Empires series.  New Delhi : OpenWord

CHECK OUT CACIM @ www.cacim.net, OpenWord @ http://www.openword.in, and OpenSpaceForum @ www.openspaceforum.net

AND SUBSCRIBE TO WSFDiscuss, an open and unmoderated forum for the exchange of information and views on the experience, practice, and theory of social and political movement at any level (local, national, regional, and global), including the World Social Forum.  To subscribe, simply send an empty email to worldsocialforum-discuss-subscribe at openspaceforum.net