[WSF-Discuss] Fwd: Information on Kanak Mani Dixit’s arrest and Petition for his release

Jai Sen jai.sen at cacim.net
Fri Apr 29 08:25:17 CDT 2016

Friday, April 29, 2016

Nepal in Movement…

[Journalist, activist, and the founding editor of Himal, an outstanding journal in South Asia and a beacon for free expression, Kanak Mani Dixit, was arrested on April 22 by the Commission for Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA). At present, the court has remanded him to custody for a period of ten days. He is currently in the intensive care unit at Bir Hospital, Kathmandu. There is an easy ‘what you can do’ button on the post below.

[Spread the word !

Information on Kanak Mani Dixit’s arrest and Petition for his release

            Thanks, friends at PSAARC, for posting this.

           In solidarity,

            JS

fwd

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Psaarc -India <psaarc.india at gmail.com>
> Subject: [psaarcindia] Information on Kanak Mani Dixit’s arrest
> Date: April 29, 2016 at 5:02:31 AM EDT
> To: peoplesaarc at yahoogroups.com, "psaarcindia at googlegroups.com" <psaarcindia at googlegroups.com>

http://himalmag.com/information-on-kanak-mani-dixits-arrest/ <http://himalmag.com/information-on-kanak-mani-dixits-arrest/>

(On 22 April 2016, journalist, activist and Himal Southasian’s founding editor Kanak Mani Dixit was arrested by the Commission for Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA). At present, the court has remanded him to custody for a period of ten days. He is currently admitted into the intensive care unit at Bir Hospital, Kathmandu.)
Fact sheet <http://himalmag.com/fact-sheet-on-kanak-mani-dixits-arrest/> on Dixit’s arrest
What you can do <http://himalmag.com/what-you-can-do-regarding-kanak-mani-dixits-arrest/>
Himal Southasian‘s statement on the arrest <http://himalmag.com/founding-editor-dixit-in-custody-of-ciaa/>
Statements <http://himalmag.com/statements-in-support-of-kanak-mani-dixit/> in support of Dixit

jai.sen at cacim.net <mailto:jai.sen at cacim.net>
www.cacim.net <http://www.cacim.net/> / http://www.openword.net.in

Now based in New Delhi, India (+91-98189 11325) and in Ottawa, Canada (+1-613-282 2900)

Recent Publications :

Jai Sen, ed, 2013 – The Movements of Movements : Struggles for Other Worlds, Part I. Volume 4 Part I in the Challenging Empires series. New Delhi : OpenWord.  Prefinal version 1.0 available @ http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/the_movements_of_movements/ <http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/the_movements_of_movements/>
FORTHCOMING PUBLICATIONS  :

Jai Sen, ed, 2016 – The Movements of Movements, Part 1 : What Makes Us Move ?.  Volume 4 in the Challenging Empires series (New Delhi : OpenWord and Oakland, CA : PM Press)

&

Jai Sen, ed, 2017 – The Movements of Movements, Part 2 : Rethinking Our Dance.  Volume 5 in the Challenging Empires series (New Delhi : OpenWord and Oakland, CA : PM Press)

CHECK OUT CACIM @ www.cacim.net <http://www.cacim.net/>, OpenWord @ http://www.openword.net.in <http://www.openword.net.in/>, and OpenSpaceForum @ www.openspaceforum.net <http://www.openspaceforum.net/>
AND SUBSCRIBE TO WSFDiscuss, an open, unmoderated, and self-organising forum for the exchange of information and views on the experience, practice, and theory of social and political movement at any level (local, national, regional, and global), including the World Social Forum.  To subscribe, simply send an empty email to worldsocialforum-discuss-subscribe at openspaceforum.net <mailto:worldsocialforum-discuss-subscribe at openspaceforum.net>