[WSF-Discuss] The World Social Forum, Left Forum event submission form online! Please submit your event for Left Forum 2018.

Left Forum leftforum at leftforum.org
Sat Mar 31 10:36:36 CDT 2018

Dear The World Social Forum, See our new website:
 www.leftforum.org (STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS)
 Event submission form
 is online! Dates:
 Friday, June 1st to Sunday, June 3rd

 Venue:
 John Jay College in New York City,
 899 10th Ave, New York, NY 10019
 Speakers include:
 Jane Sanders
 Gayle McLaughlin, Jumanee Williams,
 Juan Gonzalez, Silvia Federici, Paul Jay,
 Ravi Ragbir,
 Kali Akuno, Ajamu Baraka, George Ciccariello-Maher,
 Richard D. Wolff, Chris Hedges...

SUBMIT YOUR EVENT!!!

CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL LIST OF SUBMISSION GUIDELINES [1]

1st Register an account on our website.
 2nd Login in with your account
 AND then click:
 Event Submission Form [2]
 DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS APRIL 15, 2018

 As always, our goal is to shine a light on what's happening locally in New
York City and in the surrounding areas. We also hope to highlight the work
being done by social movement activists and organizations around the
country, from local grassroots organizing to national and international
campaigns.

 How you choose to put your panel together is up to you, that said, here
are a few things we're looking to emphasize this year:

 	* Panels which analyze the work of the current U.S. Administration and
put it into context
 	* Strategies and tactics on how to tackle the current U.S.
Administration's policies
 	* Strategies and tactics on self-defense structures for those who are
under attack
 	* Panels on political strategies during upcoming elections
 	* Skill-shares, workshops, performances, network-building sessions,
strategy round tables, curated exhibits, screenings, and forecast briefings
 	* Ways and strategies on transforming the current capitalist order to a
more just, more equal, and more ecologically responsible economic and
political system
 	* Conversations that encourage long-term thinking about building
grassroots power, especially by centering marginalized voices and
supporting local organizing
 	* Events which help to identify and expand common ground among movements,
constituencies, issues, and ideas
 	* Sessions that highlight resistance efforts locally, nationally, and
internationally
 	* Events that help new activists grow into successful organizers

In previous years, we sorted and scheduled panels by putting panels of